Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ladies' Retreat

This past weekend, I got to go to a Ladies' Retreat at my church (Bear Creek Community Church).  It was awesome!  The staff wives worked so hard to get things together for it and it all came together wonderfully!  I was so excited by how many ladies and girls were there Friday night.  There were a lot of new faces, so I really hope a lot of them continue coming on Sundays and Wednesdays.

Personally, this was a great refreshing weekend for me.  I have a tendency to get stuck in my routine of school, work, and homework, and way too often, that routine doesn't include one-on-one time with Jesus.  Yesterday morning we took time out to get alone with God and really talk and listen to Him about the things we had been talking about.  Putting off the things of this world, like anger, unwholesome talk, slander, impurity, and idolatry, and putting on the things of God- compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

I think God's really trying to work on my patience these days... I find myself getting irritated easily when waiting on the kids I take care of or the kids I counsel.  I want things to happen now, like finding an internship for the summer, figuring out what I'm going to do after graduation, or having a family of my own.  I think it's funny that we're talking to our kids in counseling on Tuesday about patience, too.  God has a way of doing that.  So I'm going to slow down, take a deep breath, think about my own lesson and the one from this weekend, and try to not be a hypocrite. :)

Currently listening:  Dayplayer! (Got their new EP from iTunes the other day... wish it was a full-length album...)
Currently watching:  Ok, so it's not on Netflix, and I'm not technically "currently" watching it... but I'm SO excited that Army Wives comes back tonight!! I can't help myself, I love that show!  I'm probably one of the least emotional girls you know, but I even tear up almost every week... it's ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment